Sunday, October 21, 2012

Getting lost in the Fens

This weekends long runs didn't go quite to plan - mainly due to the fact that on Thursday I went out to do my 90 minute run and ended up only doing 30 minutes after my left calf tightened up and was causing me to limp.
Needless to say I was fed up but decided that I would try again the next day - this it turns out, wasnt a clever idea so I booked in to see Tony at the Sports injury clinic at one leisure Huntingdon for Saturday afternoon.

As much as I know sports massages help I really do hate going to see Tony. Don't get me wrong he is a lovely man and very good at what he does IT JUST BLOODY HURTS!!!!

I explained to Tony what I was training for and he said he would see if there was anything he could do to help me and Sarah out on our quest which is great :) Thanks Tony

So today not wanting the weekend to be a total training wipe out I decided to go for a little run along the last section of the route I will be following for the Hereward Ultra Marathon which I am doing with Sarah on the 1st November.

It was very very flat and quite muddy in places. I managed to get lost within the first mile of starting but re traced my steps and got back on track :)

A view looking back on the run
I didn't do the full 12 miles I had planned on as my calf started playing up again and although I am sure I could have finished I didn't want to aggravate it any more than I needed to - I would rather do half a run now than do it all and risk having to have another week off.

This is how long the grass was on some of the sections which was a bit irritating as it is very difficult to run in



check out my pretty new shoes too :)
 I also test drove my shiny new Raid Light back pack on this run - overall I was pleased with it but it definatly needs some tweaking as the bottle in the front pack kept bouncing up and down and it was really getiing on my nerves to begin with (i got used to it after a while but I am not sure I will be so forgiving in the desert)


Another trial for today was the For Goodness Shakes Nectar fuel - it was absoloutly delicious - and I don't usually like anything but Lucozade light.
The taste was very refreshing and not too overpowering. It wasn't sickly it just tasted like a really good blackcurrent squash. So thumbs up for Nectar fuel.

Myself and Sarah have some more exciting news coming up soon we have some new sponsors so watch this space to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment